Self Care Ritual - How To Do A Facial Steam
Practicing self care is a way to nourish yourself, to find a good state of mental and physical health, reduce stress, meet emotional needs, and find a balance in daily life. Mental health professionals agree that not practicing self care for an extended period of time can lead to illness or a decline in your emotional or physical state.
As women we spend so much time taking care of others, and often neglect our own well being. Self care doesn't have to be complicated or time consuming. Simple acts of reading a book, meditating for a few minutes, taking a shower, or listening to music work to help you focus on yourself and help you recharge.
We are going to be featuring one self care ritual per month, related to skincare of course. This month we are challenging you to try a facial steam at least once. This tutorial will show you how to incorporate this simple beauty ritual into your skincare routine.
What is a facial steam?
Facial steams involve brewing a mix of skin nourishing herbs and flowers and letting your skin absorb the steam for a few minutes. Facial steams offer several benefits to your skin. A steady stream of warm, soothing steam does more than instantly relax your body and mind. Steaming your face also:
- Boosts circulation
- Hydrates and oxygenates your skin
- Loosens debris and unclogs pores
- Promotes a healthy glow
- Calms your nerves with herbal aromas
- Ideal for all skin types except very sensitive .
If you have oily skin, clogged pores, or acne prone skin then facial steams are extremely beneficial to do right before you use a purifying mask, like a clay mask.
Here's how you can do a facial steam. You can use our Vapor de Flores, or any herbal tea you have lying around will work!
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of the tea to the muslin bag, or use 1-2 tea bags.
2. Tie the strings to seal the bag.
3. Pour boiling water over the tea bag and let steep for a few minutes, covered.
4. Lean over the bowl and drape a towel over the back of your head. Breathe deeply for 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Once finished, pour out water and empty the contents of the bag. It helps to flip it inside out. Lay the bag out to dry so it can be used again.
6. Rinse your face and follow with a mask or your regular post wash routine.